Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Work Boots

I normally hike and work in lightweight, meshy boots made of some synthetic material.

But around power equipment I recognize the need for leather; in fact, when I was scheduled for a chain saw certification class for PATC (Potomac Appalachian Trail Club, my volunteer trail maintenance organization), I was required to wear high-top leather boots...which I did not then have.

So, in the spirit of reuse and recycle, I had the brainy idea to check out eBay for used boots, which is where I scored these $20 size 12 beauties:

[image credit Gary]

The bride harassed me no end, saying "Who buys used boots on eBay?  Who even has the balls to try to sell used boots on eBay?"  The word "appalled" doesn't even come close to capturing her outrage.

But I wear them well...and these were cheap boots (in the sense of inexpensive, not poorly made).  So with that in mind, I can truthfully say that your best boot is your cheap boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment