Sunday, January 21, 2018

Pets in Art: Gay Paree

I suppose I must for one week call this post "Pets in Art" (I just can't bring myself to go so far as to call it "Dogs in Art").

The glued felt and paper masterpiece below was created by one of the heirs to the Gary and bride estate.  Well, actually she's a granddaughter, age 7, but that's all the info I feel comfortable sharing.

This little sweetheart created this piece just prior to our excursion to France in Nov 2017 where we were privileged to see some of the finest paintings on the planet at the Louvre and the Orsay Museums in Paris, and at Claude Monet's estate in Giverney, Normandy.

Even as a 7-year-old, she exhibits a good understanding of geography, countries, and their iconic claims to fame as evidenced by the piece below.


Image credit Jane Doe, Gay Paree, 2017, felt and paper on paper, 8" x 10", held by Gary, a relative of Mister Tristan.

Forget all the analytical comments: I LOVE this piece and will treasure it always.


No comments:

Post a Comment