Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011...and Ultrarrunning

As I've previously blogged, I have been so loving my Sirius XM radio that came with a new vehicle a couple years ago.  Of late I've been focusing on the 60s channel, as that was the music I first knew as I came of age. 


During our Christmas travels the bride and I spent a number of hours in the car, tuned to the 60s channel.  I came to the realization that the 60s began with hopeful, cheery songs, written by carefree musicians who only seemed to be concerned with girls and cars.  But be the end of the decade, the music and turned dark and angry as the country came off the rails over our involvement in Vietnam.

Today's music?  I can't tell whether it's upbeat or somber.  As 2011 draws to a close, I guess I feel sorta nostalgic and a bit sad, I suppose, thinking about the year just passed.  Thinking about wars and maiming and death and families destroyed...and children and grandchildren and hopefulness for their lives and futures.

May your 2012 be filled with promise.  And many happy miles on our beloved trails.

Gary, blog owner

 

No comments:

Post a Comment