Monday, July 28, 2014

Nothing Happened

Saw this recently as I was running home from the car body shop, where I had dropped off my minivan to get the rear window replaced.  The sign was alongside the road, bolted onto the base of what looked to be an old lime kiln:

[image credit Gary]

Now that's a historic marker!

I should comment that the broken window occurred when I was taking Mister Tristan (the 6 year old human being, not the blog) on a hike.  I was attempting to park alongside a wooded dirt road, and in backing up to get suitably off the road I failed to see the tree that must have jumped out behind me.

BOOM!  The window shattered with a loud noise as though it had been shot out.  Needless to say, the hike was over before it even started.

No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment