Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cats in Art: the Real Picasso with a Real Cat

From my continuing weekly Sunday series of cats in art. I am using some ideas from the coffee table book, The Cat in Art, by Stefano Zuffi.  The last 6 weeks I have focused on the cat art of Pablo Picasso.

So today--to complete the series--I provide a photographic image of Picasso himself...with cat.  



Image credit The Great Cat, which tells us:

One of the most influential artists of the 20th century, Picasso was known to have loved cats and was photographed with kittens or cats throughout his lifetime.

To be a great cat artist, you need to know cats.  Period.  Picasso certainly knew his kitties, to the great benefit of art lovers everywhere.

Gary note: With my Cats in Arts posts, I encourage you to scope out the art appreciation site Artsy (I have no financial interest in the site, I just like it), where you can explore many aspects of the world of art.  You'll certainly be entertained and enlightened!


No comments:

Post a Comment