Tuesday, February 23, 2016

For. The. Children.

It's probably been a couple of years since I posted on the topic I loosely call For. The. Children,  and I am prompted to do so by a post I just saw over at First Draft blog.

It's entitled There is No Prison Dark or Deep Enough/For the People Who Did This to Flint.  An excerpt:

In 20 years we will have a court case, maybe, and people will discuss if reparations are due, and we will say why no, of course not, we can’t afford that, probably some people are faking or exaggerating their symptoms to cash in, and we will forget that America poisoned babies in their bathwater and there is no repair for that, only punishment.

I want serial killer prison for Rick Snyder and everyone downward who touched one of those horrifying e-mails about let’s not tell anyone about the poison. I want Supermax, Unabomber, you’re-only-alive-because-beheading-is-messy prison for anyone who knew and did nothing. For anyone who saw and stayed silent. For anyone who let a mother pour water over her baby’s head thinking in perfect safety and, it turns out, doing irrevocable damage.

Poisoning babies in their baths. I want them seeing daylight one hour out of 24. I want us to keep Gitmo open just for these people.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment