Saturday, January 22, 2011

Contact Comfort...and Ultrarunning

I recently cleaned off my desk at work, removing various items I had taped or pinned up in my cube over the years. 

I removed 3 anniversary cards I had received from the bride, and was struck by the fact that all involved contact comfort and animals.  I sense a recurring theme here:


(photo by Gary)

Once in awhile, you meet someone you like.  Once in a great while, you meet someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.  I am indeed a lucky man.

Oh...and the connection to Ultrarunning?  Only that it strikes me as odd that I have gravitated to such a "loner" sport that involves many hours by myself, running in the woods.  Yet I crave contact comfort and a like-thinking partner, as evidenced by these cards.

Actually, maybe it's not odd at all, just two sides of the same coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment