Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Beer in the Morning...and Ultrarunning

On Tuesday morning, I had the bride drop me off on her way to work.  I have unlimited distance and route options here in rural southern Franklin County, PA, and today's run was nothing fancy, just a short 5 straight back to the house.

Well, a couple miles into the run, I saw a can in the road.  I usually smash and carry aluminum cans back to a neighbor (she uses the recycling $$ to support the American Heart Association).  I have carried up to 12 recyle cans at a time, which is kinda cool but also sad that I can find so many cans along the road.

So I veered over to the center of the road, where I found a can of Natural Lite beer still with a couple ounces inside.  Since it was in the middle of the road and had not been smashed or blown off to the side, I presume it was a brand new litter, which got my mind racing:

  • Who drinks beer at 7:30 in the morning?  (I like beer but I do wait until at least noon to imbibe)
  • The littering is unconscionable.
  • Natural Lite is, well, something that rhymes with "miss."  Yuengling--made in PA since 1829--is my beer of choice.

Oh, and the link to Ultrarunning?  I like to stash a can of my beloved Yuengling in my running bag to enjoy after a training run or race.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment