Thursday, October 22, 2015

Anti-war, Anti-gun? I Guess Not.

A month or so ago I posted about cranking the music while boating around in my minivan, and noted that I particularly like this tune for this purpose.

Turns out I've always garbled the lyrics, thinking that the song was an anti-war, anti-gun sort of anthem:

"Born to be Wild"
Get your motor running'
Head out on the highway
Loookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

But what I heard was this: 

Yeah I doubt I'm gonna make it happen
Take the world in a loving place
Buy all of the guns and bust them
Explode 'em to space


Still, it's one of the best minivan tunes ever (YouTube link is here if embed does not work)....although in watching the video, while the band seems to be getting into it, John Kay, the lead singer, seems rather detached as he sings:


No comments:

Post a Comment