Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fun Shoes...and Ultrarunning

The bride had bought some sandals back in the early part of the summer, and just loved them.  In what may be one of the last warm days we'll have here in southern PA this fall, she wore them again the other day and exclaimed, "These shoes are really fun!"

Now, I can say that I have never made such a comment about of any of my footwear, but I get the idea.

So I asked her, "So when you die, I should bury you in these shoes?  Since they're so fun and all."

She pondered a moment and said seriously, "I'll have to think about that.  Since I'd be wearing them forever, they'd have to go with just about everything."

I just shook my head.  My oldest, most beat-up trail shoes would just work fine for my eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment