Sunday, January 31, 2010

I hate rude behavior in a man...I won't tolerate it.

Beyond shadow of a doubt, the miniseries "Lonesome Dove" is the best Western ever filmed.  And it has relevant lessons for us and our interpersonal relations. 



(if the video won't play try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEwADbas7L0 )

I go to great pains to be tolerant, and polite to everyone I encounter in my daily interactions. Perhaps I am tolerant to a fault, but I realize that I can have a bad day, and try to give the benefit of the doubt to people I encounter who seem less than friendly.


For example, some years ago I had a medical problem that caused me chronic pain until I was able to get it surgically corrected.  Frankly--and this is treading perilously close to the "too much information" threshhold, but the location is germane--the pain was down there, and I'm here to tell you that is impossible to be perky when your butt hurts. So whenever someone is rude to me I just figure that they may not just be a pain in the ass, maybe they have a pain in the ass that clouds their outlook.


That said, I would love to just vanquish some a-hole like Captain Call does in this piece. One of the funniest aspects is the fact that Captain Call feels compelled at the end to explain his actions to the stunned onlookers. Hence the statement "I hate rude behavior in a man...I won't tolerate it."

No comments:

Post a Comment