Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Running at Shenandoah (not)


The bride, son & daughter-in-law, and grandkids headed south to Shenandoah National Park this weekend for a fall getaway.

I took my running clothes, hoping and expecting to get away for a short trail run.  Not much, mind you--just hoping for an hour.  But the way the weekend evolved, the timing of plans, etc., ruled out any running.  But we did go for several hikes and covered several miles walking, including some considerable uphills and downs.  Plus it was necessary for me to carry Mister Tristan (the 2 1/2 year old human being, not the blog) for a couple miles.

So I got an upper body workout, and loved me some quality family time.  Oh, and we took the grandkids for a night hike, which they LOVED--it was dark and windy and spooky (I used my Petzl headlamp, which was as close to ultrarunning as it got!)

Here are a couple more shots I took.  This place is truly a national treasure:


No comments:

Post a Comment