Saturday, September 17, 2011

War Means Somebody F**ked Up

The following was posted by Atrios at his Eschaton blog back in May 2011.

I am quoting it verbatim, so if you are offended by profanity, you've been warned...but read it anyway.


I'm not sure exactly when I started seeing myself as a pacifist. It's one of those words which to Very Serious People means "you like it when the bully punches you in the face don't you dirty fucking hippie!" But what I've learned over the increasingly many years of my life is that the existence of just about any war in which the US is involved means that the Very Serious People, with all the power they have, fucked up completely. Even if that war is, in some sense, "necessary," it still means that the people who run this place screwed up and at the very least should resign in shame before sending people off to kill and be killed. But they don't. They go on Meet the Press to talk about how awesome they are.

 
I wish that I had written this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment