Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another Reason to Go On Living

Don't ask me how I possibly missed this one a few weeks back.

Via People Magazine, on line: Snoop Dogg Changes His Name to Snoop Lion.


[image credit here]
Yes, the artist formerly known as Snoop Dogg has renamed himself after he says he underwent a spiritual and artistic rebirth in Jamaica.
While recording his album Reincarnated in the Caribbean country, he developed a traditional reggae style. The result is a three-part project: a reggae album, documentary and coffee-table photo book, all under the name of Snoop Lion.
"I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated," Snoop, 40, told reporters at a news conference, according to The New York Times. "I have always been a Rastafari." (Marley's son, Rohan, gave his blessing at the news conference, which was held at Miss Lily's, a Caribbean eatery in New York.)
So will Snoop (real name: Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.) turn his back on rap completely? Not likely. "I could never become Snoop Lion," he says, "if I wasn't Snoop Dogg first."
 
There you have it.  However--since I love to nitpick--the original Bob Marley died in 1981, at which time Snoop Dogg Lion Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. was about 9 years old.
 
I'm no expert, but I always thought that the whole death-reincarnation thingy was virtually simultaneous, and that it involved babies.  Soul or essence or spirit or whatever leaves the dying body and WHOOSH! it arrives in the newborn.  Makes me wonder what happened to Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. when Marley took over the kid's body?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment