Saturday, August 18, 2012

This is What it Takes



Amidst all the Chick-fil-A insanity, a breath of fresh air.  This from Anthony Picolia, the manager of New Hampshire's only Chick-fil-A, who has announced that unlike his parent company's CEO, he's just fine with gay people. So fine, in fact, that he'll continue to be a sponsor of the state's gay pride festival:

In both my personal and professional life, I have had and continue to have positive relationships with family, friends, customers and employees in the LGBT community. It would make me sad if someone felt that they were not openly welcomed into my life or restaurant based on their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.

Chick-fil-A at Pheasant Lane Mall has gay employees and serves gay customers with honor, dignity and respect. We also don't discriminate in giving back to the Nashua community, donating to a wide variety of causes. I would challenge people to come have a conversation with me before they make assumptions or boycott my restaurant. Come to my restaurant and see for yourself that my team and I only have one mission: To serve exceptional experiences to all.

This is what it takes.  Regular people who have had their eyes opened to the fact that LGBT community members are people.  Just people.  Who happen to love in a way that is not now thought to be mainstream. 

Then the regular people take a stand to say that discrimination is not OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment