Monday, March 24, 2014

This Guy is an Actual U.S. Representative

Rep. Paul Broun (R-Georgia), in 2012:

All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

I sometimes would like to live in a totally black-and-white world like Broun does, where everything is known and fits neatly into his narrative of choice. 

However, I prefer to think and to use my brain and to consider alternative explanations and theories.  I shut nothing out and consider it all using the scientific method.

And Broun's statement above fails the test of the scientific method, miserably.

Oh, and lest you think this guy and his ideas don't matter much, here's a list of his current House committee assignments:

Paul Broun Jr. sits on the following committees:

No comments:

Post a Comment