Friday, February 12, 2010

Super-Duper Umstead Training Plan

Second major snowfall in 4 days hit us here in the Keystone State Tuesday night into Wednesday. So on top of the 24” over the weekend we’re seeing an additional 14” or so.


This puts a bit of a cramp into my training for the Umstead 100 Mile Endurance Run in Raleigh, NC on 27 March. Specifically, I will unable to do any runs on the Appalachian Trail or along the C&O Canal towpath due to snow cover, which I doubt will melt anytime soon. So I’ll be a road runner for the next 40-something days.

Looking to the near term, things should be normal enough over the weekend to resume my planned training schedule.

The secret, super-duper plan for my remaining long weekend runs (please don’t share this with anyone under pain of death!):

13 Feb: 20 miles (6 weeks to go)

20 Feb: 10 miles (5 weeks to go)

27 Feb: 30 miles (4 weeks to go)

6 Mar:   10 miles (3 weeks to go)

13 Mar: 15 miles (2 weeks to go)

20 Mar: 10 miles (1 week to go)

27 Mar: 100 (race day)

No comments:

Post a Comment