Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tales From the Perimeter: Finding Motivation

Perimeter meaning the 6 mile patrol road inside the fence of the military installation on which I work, where some half a dozen of us comprise a pool of running “talent” and strive to show up for a noontime run a couple times a week if we can escape our desks. We share a lot and these guys are one of the core pillars of my sanity.

A recent email exchange with the noontime running boyz, a couple of them being rather Republican in their politics, just prior to my surgery:

This week I will be teleworking on Wed rather than Tues so I can attend a training session on Unauthorized Commitments.

Said training is tomorrow 1100-noon, so I'll just pass on running at midday. I might go out in the AM if I can summon some motivation.

I asked a Republican friend how I could get motivated. He said "Cut taxes for the rich and let the free market fix it."

Anyway, I probably won't see you all this week. My surgeries are on Thurs, and I expect to be out 2-4 weeks. I'll email when I know more.

Regards/Gary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment