Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tales from the Perimeter: Self-Endorsement

Perimeter meaning the 6 mile patrol road inside the fence of the military installation on which I work, where some half a dozen of us comprise a pool of running “talent” and strive to show up for a noontime run a couple times a week if we can escape our desks. We share a lot and these guys are one of the core pillars of my sanity.


Have you ever had a running bond, with either an individual or a group, that was important to you?  If so, you know what I'm talking about.  I used to totally get into the so-called loneliness of the long-distance runner thing and spend mots of my miles solo, but the older I get, I increasingly appreciate me some camaraderie.

Here's a strong endorsement of our little noontime perimeter running group that made my eyes glisten just a bit, from the esteemed member "Horse":


Damn good run, and many thanks to you boyz, who ran, rain, shine, hot, cold, thunder lightnin....whatever....like brothers, we were there.......enjoyed that camaraderie....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment