Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tales from the Perimeter: Sistine Chapel

(Photo credit Wikipedia)

Perimeter meaning the 6 mile patrol road inside the fence of the military installation on which I work, where some half a dozen of us comprise a pool of running “talent” and strive to show up for a noontime run a couple times a week if we can escape our desks. We share a lot and these guys are one of the core pillars of my sanity. See also here for a previous post that I sorta like.

One of our running group, KK, passed along a link to a virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel.  It is magnificent.

One his motives was to bust me--pointing out all the naked guys on the ceiling--because he knows that gay rights are important to me. 

That's OK, because I was able to work in a Chuck Norris joke in response:

Contrary to most expert opinion, Michelangelo did not do the painting at the Sistine Chapel. Chuck Norris held loaded paintbrushes between his toes and roundhouse-kicked the images onto the walls and ceilings.

Instructions for the site:  Hold Your Left Mouse Button and Move your mouse around. You can zoom in or out. You can also change the mode of the mouse-lower left hand corner. I found this to be helpful because it moved fast and far before I changed the mode.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment