Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pocket Cameras, Flowers...and Ultrarunning

I came across a stunning new flower in my yard on Sunday.  Couple shots to illustrate a point about pocket cameras (or at least my pocket camera, a Nikon Coolpix):



Sunday was a flawless day without a cloud in the sky.  The first photo is in full sun and is tough to get the auto exposure right.  The yellow flower parts just get all washed out.  In the second shot I deliberately cast my shadow on the flower and got better results, but still not quite there.

I wish I had shot # 3 where it all comes together in a perfect exposure, but such are the limitations of my device.

Oh, and the flower?  This is from my vegetable garden, a variety of red potato, which I planted (and got away with) back in March when early spring hit here in south central PA.

With respect to Ultrarunning, I have often carried this camera on runs.  It is the size of a deck of cards and takes excellent photos.  As we've seen above, it has some limitations (full sun shots and close ups) but it covers 95% of my needs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment