Friday, February 28, 2014

Tales From the Perimeter: Hammers

Perimeter meaning the 6 mile patrol road inside the fence of the military installation on which I formerly worked, where some half a dozen of us comprise a pool of running “talent” and strive to show up for a noontime run a couple times a week if we can escape our desks. We share a lot and these guys are one of the core pillars of my sanity.

[Image credit Hurley Auctions]
 


It's been far too long since I put up a Tales From the Perimeter post, but since I retired my running frequency with the group has plummeted.  At any rate, though, I'm sure our next run will feature this recent email as a discussion topic:
 


Guys,




Saw this photo among items in a on-line tool auction I was recently bidding on (JH bids on-line for tools ALL the time).  Of course, I thought immediately of PH, our local rocket scientist and the classic analogy: Dumb as a box of hammers.  Although in fairness to PH, me cutting off part of my finger in a snowblower may move me past him on the smartness scale, in the negative direction.
 



Where are all you vacationers now?  I’m thinking about coming up for a run by the Ides of March.  Will have to be finger-dependent, however.  I see the doc this afternoon to get stitches out…but an infection has developed in the finger that may set things back awhile.
 



And no email from me would be complete without a Chuck Norris quote, since you all are clamoring so desperately for more.  In deference to JH, who inexplicably is NOT a fan, I’ll put it at the end.
 



Regards/Gary



--Where there is a will, there is a way. Where there is Chuck Norris, there is no other way.

I continue to love these guys as brothers, from having shared--literally--blood, sweat and tears over the years and over the miles.  I hope that you are fortunate enough to have some similar running compadres.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment