From Crooks and Liars:
Here are ten benefits which come online within six months of the President's signature on the health care bill:
1. Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 27th birthday
2. Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions
3. No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage
4. Free preventative care for all
10. AND no more rescissions. Effective immediately, you can't lose your insurance because you get sick.
This is not the end of life as we know it, as one might assume from listening to the Republicans. Can anyone seriously disagree with ANY of the points listed above? Health care is a basic human right and we've been treating it like a privilege (because the deciders are the HAVES and not the HAVE NOTS).
Of course, someone will bring up the issue of cost, but when we were happily kicking Iraqi butt I heard absolutely NO ONE asking how much was all this gonna cost? And with that I direct your gaze over to the right colum and down just a bit, where I have for some time conveniently located a counter that depicts the cost of the Iraq war. We find a way to pay for health care, because it's the right thing to do.