Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March Food and the Ironic Comment

On Monday this week (March 15th) we had our traditional Irish dinner in recognition of St. Patrick's Day. It was corned beef, first boiled, rubbed with brown sugar, studded with cloves, then roasted until it was just beginning to crisp up on the edges. In the water in which the corned beef had been boiled we cooked cabbage, potatoes, and carrots while the beef roasted.

It was simply delicious!



We did this meal 2 days early (15th vs 17th) for family schedule convenience. I commented that we actually needed a meal for the Ides of March, which happens to be the day (at least according to Shakespeare) that Julius Caesar was assassinated.

The bride says, "Then I guess we should have had Appian Way pizza."

Maybe you had to be there, but I just about blew my drink out my nose.  Her sense of the ironic comment is impeccable.

No comments:

Post a Comment